Terms & Conditions
Ordering & Invoicing
1) Unless otherwise agreed in writing by H & L Russel Ltd, all orders must be in writing and authorised by a relevant officer from your business.
2) Goods are charged at the price ruling at the time of despatch. For United Kingdom deliveries they are also subject to VAT at the standard rate for the time being in force. For deliveries outside the United Kingdom VAT may not be charged subject to conformity with HM Customs rules.
3) All invoices are shown in sterling currency unless otherwise stated.
4) All goods are sold subject to stock availability. No guarantee or warrantee as to the rate or the time of despatch is to be given or implied. All dates and times given are intended as best estimates only.
5) All orders placed for 'standard' delivery within England and Wales with a net value of at least £150 will be carriage free (£200 for Scotland and £600 for Northern Ireland) (we reserve the right to increase the minimum order value without prior written notice). For orders placed for delivery within the United Kingdom with a value of less than the current carriage-free order value, please contact our customer service for our current Carriage/Administration charge.
6) For orders placed for delivery outside the United Kingdom, please contact our export department for delivery charges/methods.
7) When a delivery is made to you it is your responsibility to ensure the correct number of cartons are delivered. You must indicate on the delivery note any discrepancies when signing for the delivery.
8) Any shortages or claims for damage must be notified in writing within 24 hours of delivery. No claims will be accepted after this period.
9) Accounts are to be settled within 1 month of invoice date. We reserve the right to charge interest at 5% above Lloyds TSB Bank plc minimum lending rate on any overdue account and to withhold the supply of further goods pending payment in full.
10) Equitable and beneficial ownership of products supplied shall not pass to you until payment has been made in full and until such time you will hold the products in a fiduciary capacity for us so that in the event of prior resale we shall be entitled in law and in equity to the proceeds of such sale or any claim for the same. All risks in the product shall pass on delivery to your premises.
11) Any quotations or orders accepted are subject to shortage of raw materials, fuel or power, shortage of labour or transport, breakdown or partial failure of plant or machinery at the H & L Russel Ltd's works or at the works of its suppliers or sub-contractors not withstanding that H & L Russel Ltd has taken all reasonable steps to procure the same. In respect of any interruption in the normal operation of H & L Russel Ltd's works arising from act of god, Government action or any acts, orders or regulations of Government, strikes or lockouts, civil commotion, riots or any other cause of whatsoever nature beyond the control of H & L Russel Ltd, no liability can be accepted by H & L Russel Ltd for any consequential loss or damage.
12) In no circumstances shall H & L Russel Ltd's liability (in contract, tort or otherwise) in any matter arising out of or in connection with this contract of the goods supplied, exceed the invoice price of the particular products concerned and furthermore H & L Russel Ltd shall be under no liability for the loss or damage or delay howsoever arising, caused by circumstances outside its control.
13) Unless otherwise agreed in writing by a senior manager of H & L Russel Ltd, these Terms and Conditions Sale which supersede any earlier Terms and Conditions of Sale shall override any terms or conditions stipulated, incorporated or referred to by the purchaser whether in the order or in any negotiations proceeding the formation of the contract.
Variation of Terms
14) Any variation of the Terms and Conditions of any contract shall become binding only if confirmed in writing by a senior manager of H & L Russel Ltd.